Blue Mountain Regulatory Asset Manager (Blue Mountain RAM) has Vendor Records that may be used if you wish. Customers who use these records often want to track agreement expiration dates, as well as the assets each vendor maintains. However, because the same vendor can maintain multiple equipment or systems, and agreement expiration dates likely vary according to when each agreement was initiated, it is not always suitable to list agreement information on Vendor Records. Instead, this information is more appropriately tracked on the assets to which they apply.
You might already have – or wish to add – fields on assets that document the Asset Vendor, Service Agreement, and Agreement Expiration. Having fields for this on assets will allow you to track which assets each vendor maintains, which assets are on a Service Agreement, and which assets have an upcoming Agreement Expiration.
Here is an example of a Query Design facilitating Vendor and Agreement tracking as suggested:
1) Create a query type of All Assets and include the asset fields “Asset Vendor” and “Agreement Expiration” as the first two Column Headers. Add other column headers as you wish, but only include asset column headers.
2) Do NOT enter Criteria. For flexibility, criteria will be applied via QuickFind by users.
3) Specify Sorting by “Asset Vendor” and then “Agreement Expiration.” This will organize all assets by their listed Asset Vendor, and then within each Asset Vendor in order of the Agreement Expiration date.
4) To view this query, add it to a suitable WorkSpace or your “My WorkSpace.”
5) Use QuickFind to narrow the query to a certain Asset Vendor, Agreement Expiration date or date range, or a combination of both.
When you have questions, consult the Blue Mountain RAM User and Administrator Manuals. As needed, contact our friendly Support Technicians at email@example.com with questions. Also, please enjoy calling and speaking with your Regional Sales Manager (RSM) at 800-982-2388 if you are interested in Blue Mountain RAM ideas, training, or services.